August 5 Could be Decisive in Israel-Gaza War: Powerful 5 Minute Prayer Points to Change History
The most grievous date in the Hebrew calendar is known as Tisha b’Av (9th day of the month of Av) and occurs tomorrow, August 5. Many of Israel’s worst calamities in history have occurred on Tisha b’Av, including the destruction of both our Holy Temples in Jerusalem, repeated expulsions from the nations, watershed Holocaust events, and even recent international terror murders against Jews. Since the days of the biblical prophets, Tisha b’Av has been a day of prayer and fasting (see Zechariah 8:19). To learn more about Tisha b’Av, see https://lightofzion.org/tishabav.html.
Will you join us and Jewish people everywhere in prayer and fasting to whatever extent you’re able?
HERE ARE 10 POWERFUL PRAYERS YOU CAN PRAY IN JUST 5 MINUTES.
(Please forward to your friends!)
Targeted Prayer Points for Tisha b’Av 2014 and Theme Verses:
1. We worship and declare You alone, Yahweh, are God of Israel. Hallowed is Your name. We pray over Israel, “Come, let us return to Yahweh; for He has torn us, that He may heal us….. He will raise us up, that we may live before Him….” (Hosea 6:1-3)
2. Father God, give Israel courage to press on and destroy the unfettered evil of Hamas, despite international pressure to the contrary. As our leaders turn to You, make them bold as in days of old.Hear o Israel, “Be strong and very courageous….for the Lord will be with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:7-9)
3. Omnipotent Lord, would You cause the roots and routes of all demonic anointing, resourcing and funding of Hamas to be exposed and cut off. (Tunneling is symbolic of demonic rooting as well as routing.) “Our battle is not against flesh and blood…but against spiritual forces of wickedness.” (Ephesians 6:12) Regarding Hamas, “You come to me with a sword, with a spear and with a javelin. But I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defiled.” (1Samuel 17:45).
4. Abba, remove the blinders of anti-Semitism over the nations (and some Christians) so that truth may be revealed about what is taking place in Israel and Gaza. Do this not just for Israel’s sake but for the nations’ own good. “The truth will set you free.” (John 8:32)
5. King and Redeemer, we pray and prophesy according to Ezekiel 37, “Dry bones, arise! God’s armies, arise!” Cause your military forces in the natural and also in the supernatural, namely, the praying Church, to arise for such a time as this. Supernaturally give wisdom to, and protect, your ancient covenant people, O Commander of the Armies of Heaven. (Ezekiel 37: 1-10)
6. God of all mercies, would you extend the shadow of your wings over all who are destined to perish in this season of war, mercifully giving them opportunity to choose eternal life, even in their final moments. We pray this for Israeli civilians and soldiers, but also for Gazans and many others now perishing in the raging Middle East. (John 3:16)
7. King of Heaven and Earth, would you extend the shadow of your wing (prayer shawl) over Israel and the Jews worldwide this 9th day of Av, as in your immutable Word of Psalm 91. Do not allow the enemy to kill, steal or destroy your ancient covenant people. Save us “from the fowler’s snare….the terror of night….the arrow that flies by day…and… please command [Your] angels concerning [us] to guard [us] in all our ways.” (Psalm 91)
8. Father, please extend special cover and compassion over the children in battle zones across the Middle East. Heal their traumatized souls, Jews and Arabs, and tenderize their spirits toward You. In Yeshua’s name, we release the spirit of adoption over these little ones in the natural and supernatural realms. “A father for the fatherless….is God in His holy habitation.” (Psalm 68:5)
9. O Shield of Israel, release Your weighty love and conviction on the book of Lamentations that Jews will read tomorrow on Tisha b’Av. Pour on us a spirit of grace and supplication (Zechariah 12:10) to turn to You. May Your Presence descend powerfully on your people. “Let us search out and examine our ways, and turn back to the Lord….Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not.” (Lamentations 3:40; 2:21-22.)
10. We thank You, Creator God Most High, for the countless answers to our prayers in this war, the reports of miracles on the battleground, the salvations of souls, and most of all, how You are and will glorify Yourself in this blood moon season of war. Prince of Peace, Your kingdom come and your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. (Matthew 6:10)