Why Pray for Israel and the Jewish People?
1. God instructs us to pray. Throughout the Bible we read of His people praying and the New Covenant affirms the Old in specifically instructing us to pray. (Luke 11:9; 18:1, Ephesians 6:18, Colossians 4:2, 1 Thessalonians 5:17, 1 Timothy 2:1, 8)
2. Israel holds a valued and special place in God’s heart. If we love Him and want to follow Him, what He values as special should be valued as special to us. (Zechariah 2:8; 8:2, Isaiah 49:15-16, Hosea 2:16, Romans 9:1-5; 10:1, 11:29, 2 Chronicles 33:7; Deuteronomy 7:6-8).
3. Israel is key to God’s purposes in the earth. (Genesis 12:2-3, Ezekiel 36:22-28; 37:12-14, Haggai 2:6-7, Psalm 83:16-18, Matthew 23:39, Acts 3:21, Isaiah 60:1-9)
4. Israel tests and reflects our devotion to God and His purposes. (Matthew 24:31-46, Romans 11:17-25, Obadiah 1:10-15, Joel 3:1-3)
5. God glorifies Himself through Israel. (Genesis 12:2-3, Isaiah 2:2-3; 60:1-9, Ezekiel 36:22-23)
6. When Israel is blessed, blessing is released to the nations. (Romans 11:12; 15, Genesis 12:3, Matthew 23:37,Isaiah 60:1-9)
7. Believers are members of God’s faith family in covenant relationship with Israel. (Ephesians 2:11-20, Romans 2:28-29; 11:17-18, Jeremiah 31:31-33)
8. Certain Scriptures specifically instruct us to pray for Israel. (Psalm 122:6-9, Jeremiah 31:7; 10-11, Isaiah 62:6-7)
9. Today’s global anti-Israel and anti-Jewish sentiment is based on falsified news and information and is highly unjust. We will be held accountable for how we respond to it in prayer. (Obadiah 1:10-15, Joel 3:1-3)
10. Praying for Israel draws us into deeper intimacy with God. When we share His joys and sorrows pertaining to Israel, we are drawn deeper into the passions of His heart. We come to know Him better. For an inspiring devotional on how praying for Israel draws us deeper into God’s heart, click here.
Reshet Tefilah (Israeli Prayer Network)
In 2018 we launched Reshet Tefilah, the first intercessory prayer network of indigenous Israeli Jewish and Arab believers, including pastors, from different congregational streams and networks. We are dedicated to raising up watchmen from the land who contend day and night in prayer and fasting for revival in Israel.
Reshet Tefilah is founded on 2 Chronicles 7:14 and Isaiah 62:
“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14)
“For Zion’s sake I will not hold My peace, and for Jerusalem’s sake I will not rest, until her righteousness goes forth as brightness and her salvation as a lamp that burns. The Gentiles shall see your righteousness and all kings, your glory. You shall be called by a new name, which the mouth of the Lord will name. You shall also be a crown of glory in the hand of the Lord, and a royal diadem in the hand of your God. You shall no longer be termed Forsaken, nor shall your land any more be termed Desolate; but you shall be called Hephzibah, and your land Beulah; for the Lord delights in you and your land shall be married. For as a young man marries a virgin, so shall your sons marry you and as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so shall your God rejoice over you. I have set watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem; they shall never hold their peace day or night. You who make mention of the Lord do not keep silent and give Him no rest till He establishes and till He makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth. … Go through, go through the gates. Prepare the way for the people; build up, build up the highway. Take out the stones, lift up a banner for the peoples. Indeed the Lord has proclaimed to the end of the world: “Say to the daughter of Zion,‘ Surely your salvation is coming; behold, His reward is with Him and His work before Him.’ And they shall call them The Holy People, The Redeemed of the Lord; and you shall be called Sought Out, A City Not Forsaken.” (Isaiah 62)
We invite you to pray with us for the prayer movement in Israel to grow. May God rend the heavens with His presence and revival! Contact us for more information.
Monthly Prayer Meeting
We gather on Zoom on the first Shabbat of each Gregorian month for one hour at 17:00 – 18:00 (5pm – 6pm) Israel time. Meetings are in English. For Zoom link, contact us at: [email protected].
Daily Prayer Guide for Israel
Download our free prayer e-book with Scripture-based prayers for every day of the month. This guide shows you how to target Spirit led, specific prayer for Israel’s restoration.
Scriptures to Pray Over Israel
Pray in agreement with Scripture to release biblical justice and prophetic blessing on Israel and the Middle East. This is a concise list distilled from hundreds of Bible verses.
Pray With Insight
Access the latest news from reliable sources about Israel, the Jewish people and the Middle East. Pray with knowledge and discernment of the times. Sign up for our newsletters that help you pray for current events in Israel by contacting us at [email protected].