The Arch of Titus located in Rome (photo below) proudly depicts the Romans’ destruction of the Second Temple on Tammuz 17, 70 AD, falling this year on July 23.
Tammuz 17 marks the beginning of a 3 week period of spiritual and natural warfare called “Between the Straits” or ‘Dire Straits” (Bein ha Metzarim). Through history, devastating calamities have recurrently struck the Jewish people during Bein ha Metzarim. This period of tribulation culminates on Av 9 (Tisha b’Av), another day of notorious destructions.
According to tradition, Moses broke the tablets on which the 10 Commandments were written on the 17th of Tammuz. Years later, the walls surrounding the First and Second Temples were both breached that date same – followed by other disastrous attacks through history. This year, a major luciferian festival is scheduled to occur in Jerusalem on July 23, with a citywide gay parade preceding it today. (Read and weep – then exalt the overcoming, omnipotent One in faith and joy.) Prayer points for this critical event in view of Bein Ha Metzarim are included below.
Bein ha Metzarim is observed by repentant prayer and fasting. The period of mourning culminates on Tisha b’Av, falling this year on August 13-14. During this time the book of Lamentations is highlighted and studied.
Bein ha Metzarim is referenced in Zechariah 8:19 – “This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘The fasts of the … fifth … months will become joyful and glad occasions and happy festivals for Judah. Therefore love truth and peace.'” So while weeping may endure for a night, joy comes in the morning. Blessed be YHVH who redeems what the enemy intends for evil into good. Because of His great mercies we are not destroyed altogether! (Lamentations 3:22).
UPDATED PRAYER-HIGH ALERT: Jerusalem Sponsoring Globalist Luciferian Festival on “Dire Straits” July 23, 2016:
Please join us in sober prayer and fasting this Friday, July 22. On July 23 (Tammuz 17), the day inaugurating “Dire Straits”, a huge luciferian-witchcraft festival called “UNITE -Tomorrowland” is scheduled in Jerusalem and other cities around the world. A stated goal of the event is to prepare the way for a supernatural leader of global peace. See our June 16 post below for more information. For the significance of Tammuz 17 (July 23) see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seventeenth_of_Tammuz.
This updated prayer post summarizes points suggested by our good friend, co-worker and respected prayer leader in Jerusalem, Rick Ridings of Succat Hallel/Jerusalem Praise.
1. DIVISION – Although Satan uses this weapon against God’s people, Yeshua (Jesus) taught it was something we are to use against demonic powers and those controlled by them. “If Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come.” (Mark 3:26)
After declaring the protection of the blood of the Lord Yeshua the Messiah over ourselves and our families, declare division over this effort to “UNITE” these gateway cities and their youth in demonic covenants. May there be division in their relationships, communications, and technical attempts to “UNITE”.
2. DISRUPTION – In 2006, I was part of a group of Jerusalem ministry leaders who were led to proclaim in unity that the gates to our city be closed to a large, world-wide event that was to bring over 100,000 gays together for days of “revelry” in Jerusalem. This also was to be around the 17th of Tammuz. But Hezbollah started firing missiles into Israel, and the army announced all large events had to be cancelled, as they did not have the capacity to provide security for them. Pray there will be major disruptions of this event in Jerusalem [my note: not necessarily war!] and the other cities scheduled. May the Lord of the Armies of Heaven release His mighty arsenal to disrupt and stop this event from reaching its goals.
3. DELAY – We are called to delay the enemy’s plans when he attempts to accelerate events ahead of the Lord’s timing. In Revelation 10:6 an angel declares before an outpouring of judgment, “There will be no more delay!” This implies there had been prior delays in the mercy of God. There are times when we as intercessors are to proclaim: “Let there be delay”. I believe this is one such moment, when a generation of young people in Israel and around the world is ripe for a mighty move of the Holy Spirit. Pray for this delay, that this generation not be unknowingly swept by unholy worship music into making covenants with the spirits of death, but freed from the power of demonic sounds to hear the sound of the Lord.
4. DECLARE HIS PRAISES – Demonic beings understand the power of music to open hearts to spiritual realms. As they seek to deceive and capture the souls of youth through their demonically anointed music, we need to release the far greater power of anointed worship music to sing songs of deliverance over a generation and over Jerusalem. About 25 years ago, we received an assignment from the Lord to counter a 2,000-year-old altar to Baal located on property of the Royal family in Belgium. When they kindly allowed an employee to guide us to this altar in the forest, we found a stack of large, flat stones. We felt the Lord guided us to not pray a thing, but simply to worship, and we sang: “For Thou O Lord, are high above all the gods. We exalt Thee”. When another team went there just six months later, the employee was shocked to find the 2,000-year-old stack of stones had crumbled into small pebbles strewn on the ground!
5. DISCLOSURE – Pray that this event will not stay hidden but get exposed and revealed, especially to spiritual leaders/gatekeepers and intercessors of the cities/countries targeted.
Pray that this generation in Israel will not be deceived into “marrying the Land to Baal”, but the revelation of Isaiah 62:4b,5a: “To Him your Land will be married. For as a young man marries a virgin, so your sons will marry you.”
“I will contend with those who contend with you, and your children I will save.” (Isaiah 49:25)
My note: As some Israeli intercessors pray on site in faith against this false unity/peace movement, please release divine protection over them. Thank you! Every blessing to you in the Lord Yeshua our King!